Facts about gold
Here are a few fun facts of the Gold Metal that will probably make you wonder about this precious luxury!
• The world’s largest Gold Bar weighs 250kgs (551 lb) has a height of 15cm and 45.5cm*22.5cm base. It was manufactured by Mitsubishi Materials Corporation.
• Gold is edible. Gold when hammered into thin sheets and converted to Gold Leaf is edible and used as decoration on many sweets and dishes.
• Olympic Gold Medals only contain 1.34% of Gold. It is composed of at least 92.5% of silver, plated with 6gms of Gold.
• Carat weight can be 10, 12, 14, 18, 22, or 24. The higher the number, the greater the purity. The most common Gold used for Jewellery ranges from 18 carat to 22 carat.
• “Aurophobia” is the fear of Gold! Major symptom are panic attacks and may also include fast breathing, nausea, irregular & slow breathing, anxiety, sweating and dry mouth.
• Your hair contains gold traces. Each strand of human hair contains up to 14 different elements, including traces of gold!
• There are 92 naturally occurring elements found in earth’s crust. Gold ranks 58th in Rarity.
• Gold’s melting point is at about 1,943 degree Fahrenheit (1064 degree Celcius) and boiling point is 2700 degree C